Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The end of Summer

Every September is the same. It creeps up on you and you dread going back to the routine and pressure of work. That's how I feel this year. I can't believe the summer is over. I can't complain though as I had a full 6 weeks 0f holiday this year and 4 weeks of working part-time. Despite this I still avoid some of my students calls. I keep thinking to myself"Just a few days more and I'll be ready to face them again" :-) Don't get me wrong, I love my job but it can get too much at times.

Yesterday I went to a lovely cafe-bar near the seaside called Agnanti. It's absolutely lovely. There was a gorgeous breeze and I had one of those summer drinks.

It was marvellous. The one great thing about living in Greece is that you have the oppotunity to do this almost all year round.

So enjoy the last remnants of summer and recharge your batteries for a productive and satisfying winter. KALO XEIMONA everyone.

1 comment:

Tinsie said...

The last remnants of summer?! The last remnants of summer?!! Are you serious? The last remnants of summer were a month ago. Boo hoo :-(

You don't know how lucky you are (OK maybe you do, but still).