Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yabanaki fun

Yabanaki is a private beach in Varkiza about 3o minutes from Dafni metro station to the south east of Athens. It is the perfect escape for people who don't have the ability to get away to an island during the summer and it is reasonably priced during the week. The entrance fee is 6 euro and the lounge chairs are free during the week but cost 9 euro durning the weekends. For those of you who don't have the chance to go to an island this year,it's perfect. You feel as if you are somewhere else. The sandy beaches and crystal clear waters(can't be sure it's clean though). Just sipping on a cold beverage like a freddo coffee while listening to music is a great way to relax after a hectic day in the office.
I really enjoy going there as I've made some friends whom I see almost daily, I get the chance to take a swim and read my book in peace. It usually gets rather crowded after 5pm but quite nice during the day especially at around 10-12. But don't forget your sunblock as the sun is usually very strong at that time and you can easily get sunburnt.
Have a great summer everyone!!!

3 comments:

Tinsie said...

Wish I was there! Why are the pictures so small though?

Kate said...

I have taken a few but was to lazy to download them on the computer so I found two on google:-) (Bad girl)

Tinsie said...

Bad, bad girl!! Using other people's photos when you have perfectly good ones of your own! Tsk tsk tsk :-p