Thursday, August 7, 2008

Beautiful Edinburgh



The final leg of my journey was Edinburgh. It is such a magical city. If it weren't for all the tourist you'd feel as if you were in a city during the 18th century. The walk up the Royal Mile to the castle was fantastic. The streets were filled with street performers,tourist shops and men in kilts:-) From on top of the castle,you have a breath-taking view of the city. I only wish I had had more time to explore the closes while I was there. Maybe next time


The castle is amazing. You can see the dungeons were prisoners were held and the conditions in which they lived. You can see the Crowned Jewels which are exquisitely detailed. We were quite lucky because we were there to watch the firing of the canon.


We were lucky enough to meet William Wallace as well. For those of you who have seen Braveheart you'll know who I mean. This guy was very informative and sweet. He even showed us what a Scotsman has under his kilt. Oh you dirty little minds:-) Not that. He showed us his tattoo of the Scottish symbol.

6 comments:

Tinsie said...

And where was this tattoo, may I ask?!!

Kate said...

AHHH! On my favourite part of a man's body, my friend. On his tushy ;-)

Tinsie said...

Tushy?!

Kate said...

Polite way of saying bum :-)

Tinsie said...

I know now. I looked it up ;-)

So how come you got to see this guy's backside then?!

Kate said...

What can I say?I have that affect on men. Ha Ha Ha;-)