Tuesday, August 5, 2008



The first leg of my trip this summer was Paris. I had always been a bir worried about visiting France as I had heard horror stories of the French being rude and obnoxious to people who didn't speak their language which was the furthest from the truth. I was happily surprised that the French are very nice and accomodating people. My French is abysmal but even a few words are appreciated. Everyone from the waiters to the shop assistants to simple people on the street were friendly and made an effort to help me out. As for the city?Well what can I say,I could easily live there for a year and not experience all that Paris has to offer. The sights were beautiful, the museums exceptional,the food delicious and the weather, as you can see, amazing. Two things I wasn't crazy about was the Metro as it was very confusing and dirty and the tiny hotel rooms.Even though everyone who has seem where we stayed has said that it was quite large for Paris standards.I will definitely be visiting Paris in the near future and hopefully other parts of France as well as I believe there is so much to experience and see as well as taste:-)

2 comments:

Tinsie said...

Your hotel was definitely large by Paris standards - not to mention in good nick compared to some hotels I've stayed at!

You know you can combine Paris with London, so if you come to London next year, you can see Paris again too. Just saying, in case it hadn't occurred to you ;-)

Kate said...

Thanks;-) I may just take you up on your offer.