Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lovely London




The second leg of my trip was to London. I stayed with two of my dearest friends whom I thank very much for more than their hospitality.I had a wonderful time taking in all the sights and lifestyle of London.On the first day we went up on the London Eye which was a real treat as it was a beautiful,clear day.Plus we did a little shoppping on Oxford Street.(You've got to love the sales in London. I know all Greek people do)The next day I went to the British museum. I've been there before but it always blows my mind at what you can see there. Artifacts from all over the world under one roof. It is something that anyone living or visiting London should see. I could have spent hours walking through the exhibitions.

On the next say I went to Madame Tussaud's wax museum . I know it's a bit touristy and not authentic English but well worth it. It is amazing how lifelike some of the figures seem. I won't go it to detail what most people where doing but it wasn't very nice(Oh Brad where have you been all my life??:-)But the best experiences in London were afternoon tea and going to see Mama Mia. I just loved sitting in a posh hotel atrium sipping delicious tea and eating scumptious sandwiches and scones. Yummy.As for Mama Mia, it was amazing and unforgettable. You knows, maybe I'll get the chance to see it again soon:-)London is a wonderful city with so much to do,see,experience and taste. It is somewhere that everyone so visit at least once in their lives. Plus ther is so much renovating and construction going on for the 2012 Olympics that it will be a totally different city in a few years and worh re-vsiting.

3 comments:

Tinsie said...

So glad you had a good time! But why wait a few years before you revisit? I say, book your tickets now and come again next year :-)

Kate said...

Next year I'd love to go to Canada again but this time visit Vancouver and hopefully New York as well.Otherwise how does Italy sound to you?

Tinsie said...

Italy doesn't really light my fire. But I could be convinced, I guess ;-)